New Delhi, Apr 28: Finally the technology giant Apple decided to launch its iconic device, iPad 2, in India. According to Apple’s official statement, the iPad 2 will be available in Indian stores by Friday, Apr 29. Unlike the first version iPad, which arrived nearly a year after its launch in United States, Apple made up its mind to bring the tablet legend iPad 2 in India just after a month of its international launch.
The new “Thinner, Lighter & Faster” iPad 2 will set a revolution in Indian tablet market, which is controlled by Android running tablets like Samsung Galaxy Tab, Dell Streak etc. Despite of iPad’s delayed launch, this device was available in grey market across the country. The official iPad 2 launch will prevent grey market sale and consumers can buy this tablet without any hesitation from the official partners.
According to sources, iPad 2 would be available by Friday with an attractive price tag. The 16 GB Wi-Fi model will cost Rs 29,500, Rs 34,500 for the 32GB model and Rs 39,500 for the 64GB model. The 3G models will be little costly than any other models. 16 GB 3G + Wi-Fi will cost Rs 36,900, 32GB model for Rs 41,900 and 64GB model for Rs 46,900.
Amidst the threat from surging Android tablets, Apple CEO Steve Jobs unveiled the next generation iPad 2 on Mar 3 in San Francisco. Apple added all essential features which were absent of the first generation iPad. The new iPad 2 has dual cameras, runs on a brand new operating system, iOS 4.3 that is powered by 1GHz dual-core Apple A5 processor.
With the new front and rear cameras, iPad 2 users can now make FaceTime calls to millions of iPhone 4, iPod touch and Mac users so they can see family and friends anywhere there is Wi-Fi. Photo Booth lets users apply fun visual effects, including eight photo special effects like Squeeze, Twirl and Kaleidoscope, to photos captured by either camera.
Apple iPad 2 Specifications & Features:
* 9.7-inch LED-backlit LCD screen (1024×768 pixel resolution)
* Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
* Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
* 1GHz dual-core Apple A5 processor
* Dual Cameras
* Rear camera -HD (720p) video recording & still camera with 5x digital zoom
* Front VGA Camera – FaceTime & Photo Booth support
* Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology
* Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
* 30-pin dock connector port
* 3.5-mm stereo headphone minijack
* Built-in speaker
* HDMI mirrored video output
* Up to 10 hours of battery life
Apple iPad 2 Price in India:
* iPad 2 (16 GB model) – Rs 29,500
* iPad 2 (32 GB model) – Rs 34,500
* iPad 2 (64 GB model) – Rs 39,500
* iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (16 GB model) – Rs 36,900
* iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (32 GB model) – Rs 41,900
* iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (64 GB model) – Rs 46,900
The arrival of iPad 2 will set for a new tablet revolution in India. It is expected that other major brands like Samsung, BlackBerry, Motorola and Dell will launch their latest tablets in India soon. Let’s wait for the Big War. Stay tuned for Apple iPad 2 hands-on review.